TWIN BROOKS Community League
Our vibrant and diverse community of Twin Brooks is located at the confluence of the Whitemud Creek and the Blackmud Creek, hence the origin of the name Twin Brooks.
Bordering the MacTaggart Nature Sanctuary, land was annexed by the City of Edmonton in the 1980's for the Twin Brooks sub-division, with the majority of the residential construction occurring in the 1990's - 2000's.
The culturally diverse and rich fabric of Twin Brooks is home to an estimated population of 6,600 residents, many of whom have contributed to our community to enhance a family- focused, safe, and active neighborhood.
We are fortunate to have George P. Nicholson Elementary School, Alberta Health Services public health centre, YMCA childcare, and the amazing NEW Twin Brooks Community League Centre within our boundaries.
Opening the doors in April, 2016, the Twin Brooks Community League Centre is the hub of diverse activities and programs developed to meet the needs and interests of our community members.
The volunteer members of the Twin Brooks Community League Board of Director's are continuously working hard to improve the quality of life for families and individuals whom call Twin Brooks "home".
Minor league soccer, the Seniors Initiative Fund (SIF), yoga, zumba, arts & crafts, fitness classes, and Nature Stewardship, are just some of the programs the league has developed to offer as community-based activities.
We look forward to meeting you and invite you to join us at the TBCL Centre throughout the year!
Twin Brooks Community League Centre
FREE BBQ & AGM
Monday, October 2nd, 2017
Come to our AGM to learn what’s happening in our community and how you can make a difference. Attendees enjoy a FREE BBQ at 6:00 pm, followed by the AGM at 7:00
Nomination and election will be held for:
The president shall:
- preside at all meetings;
- be an ex-officio member of all committees, except the Nominating Committee;
- be charged with the general supervision of all activities of the League;
- nominate a Director who is willing to serve and stand in for or replace the President, as circumstances require;
- liaise with Planning and Development, Transportation, City Council, etc.; to chair Ad Hoc Committees relating to specific development issues.
The Secretary shall:
- Society Meetings: be responsible for the taking ot: distribution, care and keeping of the minutes, and other records, at all meetings of the society
- Board of Directors Meetings: be responsible for the taking of, distribution, care and keeping of the minutes and other records, at all meetings of the society.
The Sports Director shall:
- be responsible for all matters pertaining to sports, including the registration and organization of baseball, soccer, etc
The Facilities Director shall:
- be responsible for hall rentals and maintenance; be responsible for the development of the centre, rinks, and playgrounds.
The Social Director shall:
- be responsible for all matters pertaining to social matters of the League, including dances, social nights, etc.
The Communication Director:
The Communication Director shall:
- Utilize all Board reports, and other pertinent data to distribute and coordinate all information/communication to the newsletter and website, on a monthly basis.
The Program Directors shall:
- develop, administer, advertise, coordinate, expand, and govern all aspects of community-based programs hosted by the league.
- This position will be appointed this year as nominations and elections for this position will occur in 2018.
SIF presents : Harvest Bounty FALL Share and Swap at the Twin Brooks Community League Centre
WHEN : This Sunday September 17 2- 5:00 p.m
WHY : Altho' it's late in the produce season, sharing and swapping goodies has become a Seasonal tradition- people meet & greet, stay and chat .
WHAT : Please bring a gift of beans, beets, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, squash, zucchini any harvest gift , in a small card-board box .
WHEN : THE HALL WILL BE OPEN AT 12 : NOON TO RECEIVE AND DISPLAY all your harvest gifts.
WHO : Our indefatigable SIF ( Seniors Innovation Fund ) volunteers will meet U and receive / give of Nature's Bounty.